Protegrity is the world's most recognized and trusted solutions provider for enterprise data security. As the innovation leader in the data security space, Protegrity has a very strong recurring customer base on the Fortune 1000 world-wide list. Please see more about Protegrity at www.protegrity.com
In an effort to expand the technological expertise within Protegrity, we are looking to establish a technical center of excellence in India, which will be responsible for research and development, technical support, quality assurance and professional services for the entire product suite and solutions.
To write and update:
- Detailed technical User Guides, Reference Guides and Programming Guides (“Product Documentation”) for each and all data security software products of Protegrity.
- Packages of technical product specific Training Materials to be used in fee based training sessions offered to Protegrity’s customers.
- White Papers on:
- Various Use Cases of Protegrity products.
- Data security technology and solutions.
Additionally to write and/or assist in drafting:
- Product Descriptions/ Product Specifications/ Fact Sheets/ Release Notes.
- Specification section for Protegrity’s new patent applications.
- Organize material, write, edit, and publish new and existing product documentation for a sophisticated security technology user audience.
- Work with Product Management, R&D and QA staff to gather documentation requirements.
- Interview and interact with engineering and QA staff to interpret product specifications and incorporate into product documentation.
- Gather information and research material to develop an in depth knowledge of product technologies.
- Participate in efforts to restructure, optimize, improve and expand the core product documentation set.
- Create and maintain customer and internal training materials as new product versions and features are released.
- Create graphics and illustrations such as process and data flows.
- Contribute content for presentations, white papers, web pages and any materials used for internal or external communication about Protegrity products.
- At least 5 years relevant experience writing highly technical software documentation targeted to audiences of various skill levels.
- In-depth knowledge of enterprise software solutions, preferably in data security.
- Expert knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite.
- Experience creating graphics using PowerPoint, Visio or other drawing tools.
- Strong technical educational background. Software engineering or QA background, a big plus!
- Experience with source control tools such as Subversion.
- Experience in generating HTML (web) product help, and online help.
- Ability to be immersed in the technology and very quickly develop product knowledge.
- Excellent command of English language and software development vocabulary.
- Subject matter expertise and prior experience writing and editing product and service documentation for data security software products.
- Experience developing training materials for technology users.
- Experience working with offshore authors and engineers.
- Experience with wikis and task tracking systems, ideally Confluence and JIRA.
- Experience with bug tracking systems such as bugzilla.
- Knowledge of web services, Java, and .NET would be an advantage