Protegrity is the world's most recognized and trusted solutions provider for enterprise data security. As the innovation leader in the data security space, Protegrity has a very strong recurring customer base on the Fortune 1000 world-wide list. Please see more about Protegrity at www.protegrity.com
In an effort to expand the technological expertise within Protegrity, we are looking to establish a technical centre of excellence in India, which will be responsible for research and development, technical support, quality assurance and professional services for the entire product suite and solutions.
As a Senior Engineer of Protegrity R&D group, you will be responsible to design and build various product components, enhancement of existing components, troubleshooting complex and critical product issues that gets escalated from Support Level 2.
You will join a worldwide team, and will be part of a global team spread across multiple locations (USA, UK, China, Ukraine, Sweden and Germany).
- Contribute to continuous research, development, enhancement and maintenance of new and existing products and components.
- Provide effective solution to resolve complex technical problems occurring in the product under development as well as deployments at customer sites.
- Use debuggers and profilers, write test tools to be able to reproduce specific customer issues.
- Maintain various versions of the product i.e. update and test various versions with feature additions, enhancements and bug fixes as required.
- Interact with existing worldwide team of R&D engineers for product related information, design discussions, etc.
- Contribute to evaluation and mentoring new team members as required to expand the team in India.
- Participation in product technical meetings.
- Interact with support team to define and debug problems.
- 5-8 years of relevant experience and ability to work in highly technology oriented teams, experience working in a product company highly preferred.
- Strong programming knowledge in C / C++ in Linux / Unix environments
- Experience in Java programming and worked with APIs viz. Concurrency, IO, JNI, Cryptography
- Understanding of socket / TCP based communication protocols like TCP, RPC for internode communication in a multi host, multi-tenant environment.
- Hands on experience with Unix and Linux based systems, shell scripting
- Very good understanding of architecture and hands on experience in working with one or more NoSql databases viz. Cassandra, MongoDB, Hbase, Hypertable, Accumulo, Oracle NoSql
- Experience in building multi-threading and multi-processing systems, working with high concurrency distributed systems
- Experience with unit testing frameworks like JUnit, cppunit.
- Knowledge of build management tools viz. Ant, CMake
- Performance tuning and troubleshooting of distributed applications
- Used one or more profiling /debugging tools viz. gdb, boundscheckers, valgrind, purify, quantify
- Good understanding of the Hadoop HDFS architecture
- Worked on one or more of these Hadoop based applications viz. Mapreduce, Hive, Pig, Sqoop, Flume, Oozie, Zookeeper
- Knowledge about secure communication using SSL. Understanding of https protocol and its wide use in internet systems.
- Experience in working with databases with proficiency in SQL
- Knowledge and experience with Bugzilla, Jira, Testopia, Subversion
- Hands on experience with data compression, Hadoop Crypto Framework
- Experience in data / information / network security