Protegrity is the world's most recognized and trusted solutions provider for enterprise data security. As the innovation leader in the data security space, Protegrity has a very strong recurring customer base on the Fortune 1000 world-wide list. Please see more about Protegrity at www.protegrity.com
In an effort to expand the technological expertise within Protegrity, we are looking to establish a technical centre of excellence in India, which will be responsible for research and development, technical support, quality assurance and professional services for the entire product suite and solutions.
As a Senior Engineer of Protegrity R&D group, you will be responsible to design and build various product components, enhancement of existing components, troubleshooting complex and critical product issues that gets escalated from Support Level 2.
You will join a worldwide team, and will be part of a global team spread across multiple locations (USA, UK, China, Ukraine, Sweden and Germany).
- Contribute to continuous research, development, enhancement and maintenance of new and existing products and components.
- Provide effective solution to resolve complex technical problems occurring in the product under development as well as deployments at customer sites.
- Use debuggers and profilers, write test tools to be able to reproduce specific customer issues.
- Maintain various versions of the product i.e. update and test various versions with feature additions, enhancements and bug fixes as required.
- Interact with existing worldwide team of R&D engineers for product related information, design discussions, etc.
- Contribute to evaluation and mentoring new team members as required to expand the team in India.
- Participation in product technical meetings.
- Interact with support team to define and debug problems.
- 5-7 years of relevant experience and ability to work in highly technology oriented teams, experience working in a product company highly preferred.
- Prior experience in building soft / hard appliances is mandatory
- Linux/Win32 (C/C++) asynchronous I/O programming
- Multithreading development - Development of TCP/IP high-performance distributed systems
- Programming Languages: C/C++ (STL, libXML, openssl) , Python , Perl , PHP , GNU Bash
- Network protocols: TCP/IP/UDP , SNMP , SMTP, HTTP/HTTPS, SSL
- Programming/debugging Tools: gdb, boundscheckers, valgrind
- Basic Linux Kernel administration (build kernel, patch kernel, add/remove modules, etc.)
- Linux-HA: Heartbeat & DRBD
- Virtualization Solution: VMWare, XenServer Paravirtualization
- Linux Security, Network & performance troubleshooting
- Apache administration
- OpenLDAP administration
- Postgres programming & administration
- JasperServer administration
- Debian administration: chroot, debootstrap, networking
- Experience in data / information / network security
- Experience in writing user level technical documentation